8.13.2014

Dae Ji Cutlet House

During this year's fireworks, Phil and I passed by this place while we were walking down Robson to English Bay. We saw a huge line up and assumed it has to be good stuff! The window displays looked very intriguing and we told ourselves we must try this next time!

The thought of delicious pork cutlet was stuck in my head and I just couldn't wait for Phil anymore, so I decided to go with two of my friends from school to give it a try! I got there around 12:30pm and I was the only customer in the restaurant. I walked in, seeing the staff in front of me, assuming she would notice my presence. I was hoping she would look up so I wouldn't have to yell "HELLO?" but she didn't. After hearing my voice from a distance, she immediately led me up to the second floor & once I got to the table she told me "Oh, actually do you mind sitting downstairs?" No, I really don't mind where I sit, just make up your mind already..Upstairs or downstairs? >_<" Despite the disappointing entry, I was hoping the food would be superb.









So in terms of transit, I personally just walked all the way down Robson since it was a nice day out and I don't mind the walk. But for my friends, they took the bus down, which is also very convenient. I wouldn't recommend driving down to downtown for any reason because it's such a pain in the butt to find parking in downtown and it's hardly ever free. So you might as well make good use of the transit system we have in Vancouver and just skytrain down and then take the bus or walk.


 My friend ordered #20-Chicken Cutlet Curry Rice with Miso Soup $7.99


She thought the soup was okay. From the looks of it, it looked very bland. For the Chicken and curry rice, she said it was super delicious and she lovesssssss the curry! (PS. she finished the whole plate)


My other friend ordered #22- The Omelet Rice $9.50

He said the flavour tasted weird and he did not enjoy it one bit. Inside barely has any meat and it's just way too much rice. Also, the sauce just didn't mix in well with the whole meal. It was a huge disappointment for him and he would not order this again.


Last but not least, I ordered #6- Cheese Pork Cutlet $9.99

Obviously I had to order their pork cutlet and see what is so great about it. I think I was having way too high of an expectation for this dish and was completely disappointed.  The first few bites were okay but after a while, it got way too salty and it was making me way too thirsty. (Also, the waitress did not help refill the water, so it was definitely not helping with my thirst) The pork was just covered in the gravy sauce and I didn't taste much cheese off my "cheese" pork cutlet dish. The sauce is just Korean gravy and if it weren't for this sauce, the cutlet would've been extremely dry and tasteless.


Service: 2/5

Food: 2.5/5

Price: $

Overall Rating: 2.25/5

Thanks!
-Msjesschan


  Dae Ji Cutlet House on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. SERIOUSLY WTF!!! 2ND TIME TRYING TO COMMENT AND MY COMMENTS DISAPPEAR AFTER I CLICK POST... ARGGGGGGGG

    ANYWAYS... I SAID THAT I DONT RECOGNIZE THE PLACE AND FOR THE BETTER SINCE IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE IM GONNA BE GOING THERE. ALSO THE DISHES DONT LOOK THAT GOOD AND THE MISO LOOKS LIKE WATERED DOWN CONGEE WATER LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i dont get why your first comments never get posted...lol yeah don't go there lol

      Delete