8.16.2014

Destination: Seattle- Din Tai Fung

I've heard many things about this place. Mainly all positive feedback about the food, so this time around in Seattle, I REALLY wanted to try this place out. We got there around 5:30pm and thank god there was no wait for a table. We were nicely greeted and was brought to our table by this super friendly waitress. She explained the whole entire menu to us and helped us pour the soy sauce and vinegar sauce. Throughout the meal she would come by to check how we were doing. I was extremely pleased with her superb service.




We ordered the Shanghai Rice Cake with Chicken $8.25

When I first saw the price, I was like ooooooo that's very cheap for noodles! but when we got the portion it was extremely small. The flavoring was delicious but the portion was just too small! I don't think it is worth paying 8 bucks for, so I highly recommend just getting their dumplings if you are thinking of trying this place out.

We ordered the original "Juicy Pork Dumplings" $9.50 and it comes with 10 pieces.

I think there was way too much hype for this place because I've tried better pork dumplings from Vancouver. It is still very good and the soup inside the dumpling was extremely flavorful but it wasn't the best out of all the pork dumplings I've tried.

Next, we ordered the Shrimp and Pork Shao Mai $12.50, comes with 10 pieces.

It is just basically shrimp paste on the tip and the bottom is just the original pork dumplings. The shrimp paste was dry and had no flavor. Don't recommend getting this.
 


 
Service: 3.5/5
 
Food: 3/5
 
Price: $-$$
 
Overall Rating: 3.25/5
 
Thanks!
-Msjesschan

 
 
Din Tai Fung 鼎泰豐 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment