8.24.2014

Kamei Royale


Hi Everyone!

Back with a post for sushi lovers! Phil and I were strolling along downtown, trying to figure out where to go for dinner. I've been to Kamei Royale before so I suggested to go there again. The restaurant is along West Georgia & Burrard and it's located on the second floor. Their signage is very limited so you might miss it along the way. If you know where Suki Hair Salon is, it is right across from it. The entrance barely has any signage, other than that little sign that says their restaurant name on the side. If you decide to drive down to downtown, you can just park at Pacific Centre and walk over. Super close by and saves you trouble from finding street parking.




We ordered the Panko Oyster $9.00/4 pieces

I really like this dish; the deep fried-ness gives it the crunch and enhances the flavour of the oyster. The sauce is tartar sauce with a jalapeno piece on top. Obviously I did not try to eat the jalapeno but overall it was super flavourful.


Next, we got the Delicious Roll $14.00/8 pieces

It has chopped scallops, crab meat, avocado and fresh mangos wrapped with poached prawns with white wine mustard sauce & tobiko. I really like this sushi; the sweetness of the mango and the savoury flavour of the meats were an extremely good pairing. Phil didn't enjoy it as much as I did, as the white wine mustard sauce was just not working for him.


Just ordered a Salmon Roll $4.00 because I need my salmon when I'm at a sushi place.

Our fave dish, the Black Cod Saikyo $18.00

If you love cod, this would be such a good dish for you. At first we were thinking, $18.00 dollars seems a bit pricey but it's definitely worth a try.



Katsu Don $12.50

I'm more of a Chicken fan but MAN was this good. I would order this again for sure! Super cheesy and the sauce was super delicious.


As you guys have noticed, Phil explains food a lot better than me, but trust me when I tell you something is good. IT IS GOOD. Our faves ranked from favourite to least favourite for this dinner experience: COD, KATSU DON, PANKO OYSTER, DELICIOUS ROLL, SALMON ROLL

Everything was good either way, but our favourite is for sure the Cod.

Service: 3/5

Food: 3.5/5

Price: $-$$

Overall Rating: 3.25/5

HAPPY EATING!

-Msjesschan


Kamei Royale on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment