9.28.2014

Havana Restaurant & Gallery

Hello everyone!

So last week I went to Havana's for the first time with my friends and obviously Phil. I heard many things about their awesome Sangrias so I was really excited to give this place a try. This restaurant is located on the busy street of Commercial. Parking was not too bad but during busy hours it might be difficult, so I recommend car pooling with your buddies if you are planning to go. My friend mentioned that it usually gets extremely busy during 6 but we were lucky enough to beat the rush and was able to get a table right away.




 

 

We ordered a Pitcher of their Strawberry Lemonade Sangria. I was actually really disappointed because it was extremely bland and we all felt like we were drinking water. My friend told me last time she ordered it, it was way better.
 
So for appetizer, we decided to order the Truffle Fries to share ($9.95). Which is not any normal dish of fries, it consists of classic fries, truffle oil, parsley & parmesan cheese. OMG, the love I have for these fries are undefinable. I could probably munch on these daily...but then...I'll have to worry about my figure...hmmm...but it's probably all worth IT :D

 



Main course: Paella $18.95

To be honest, their menu was very overwhelming and I was having a lot of trouble figuring out what was good because everything sounds so delicious! I asked the waitress to give me some suggestions and I ended up ordering one of their most popular dishes, the PAELLA :)

I was so pleased with this dish that I'll probably order this again and again and again. This dish contains west coast mussels, prawns, house made chorizo sausage, peppers, onions, tomatoes, saffron, rice, coconut milk and pernod. The seafood was fresh and the flavor was on point! I was very skeptical of my choice at first because I never ordered a dish like this before but I think the flavor would fit everyones taste.



Main course: Caribbean Fried Chicken $17.95

Another dish that was recommended by our waitress was their Caribbean Fried Chicken. I was planning to order this at first but 2 out of the 4 people are already ordering this so I had to order their other favourite, but I was glad that I made my choice!

This dish consists of Crispy boneless chicken breast, sour cream and onion mashed potatoes, seasonal fresh vegetables and coconut gravy. I tried a bite of this and it was SUPER good too! From the comments I got from Phil and our other friend, DELICIOUS :D




 
We were all super satisfied with everything we ordered and I can say that this is definitely a must try place for everyone out there!
 
 
Service: 3/5
 
Food: 4/5 (Lost a point because of the drink....)
 
Price: $$
 
Overall Rating: 3.5/5
 
Happy Eating! :)
-Msjesschan
 
 

Havana Restaurant & Gallery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment