2.14.2015

Marulilu Cafe

 Hi everyone!


After working out at the gym, my friend and I decided to go for brunch at a very recent popular Japanese brunch spot on Broadway and Cambie called Marulilu Café. It's a very small and tight restaurant so it's best to go early for a guaranteed spot. I've stopped by there a few times previously with Phil and we had no luck finding a table. Surprisingly when I got there with my friend, we were lucky enough to find an empty table. We went on a cold cold day, and OH MY, I was sweating in the restaurant like crazy. They had no air circulation whatsoever and I feel like I was going to die from suffocation. Anyhow, I survived, BUT I really wish the air flow would be a lot better. It was so stuffy and hot in there, and their fans were no help at all.


I recommend saving your seat before ordering. Their ordering system is at their counter, so you have to go there to order your food.





Now for drinks, my friend ordered the Caramel Latte $3.80, according to her, she thought it was amazing!!!


I ordered the London Fog Tea Latte $3.80. I thought it tasted somewhat like milk tea but overall I love the flavor!

My friend ordered the Eggs Benny with Hashbrown $8.49.
She thought it tasted great, the hashbrown was crispy and cooked perfectly. She told me she still prefers the one she had at Shishinori, in terms of benny.


I ordered the Mini Breakfast Plate A: w/ half waffle $5.99. It came with 1 egg, 1 hashbrown, half waffle & pork sausage. I loved the waffles, it was so soft on the inside and was just great! The eggs were kind of plain, needed a bit of seasoning, and the hashbrown was just perfect. I also ordered a granola yogurt on the side, which was a huge disappointment and I don't think I'll ever order that again. Overall, this was a very filling and satisfying meal.





Service: N/A

Food: 3.5/5

Price: $

Overall Rating: 3.5/5

Enjoy!
-Jess

Marulilu Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment